MS, FRCS (Glasgow, UK), FICO (London, UK)
Gold Medalist: MBBS, DNB, FCPS, DOMS
Dr. Saumil Sheth completed MBBS from KEM Hospital and MS in Ophthalmology from Sion Hospital, Mumbai. Subsequently, he underwent Retina Fellowship at the prestigious L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad.
Dr. Saumil has an experience that spans more than 10,000 Retinal surgeries and Laser procedures with more than 1,000 of these performed abroad as a Fellow Retinal Surgeon, Sydney Eye Hospital, Australia.
He has also instructed and trained postgraduate Ophthalmology students and Retina residents in Retinal surgeries at Sydney Eye Hospital, Australia, Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai and L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad.
On the academic front, he has received honors for standing 1st in MBBS in Mumbai and 1st in Ophthalmology in India.
He was ranked among the top six in the world at the Ophthalmic Basic sciences Exam, UK, subsequent to which he received a travel grant to pursue ICO Retina fellowship at Clinica Oculistica, Udine, Italy and Jules Gonin Eye Institute, Switzerland.
He has presented several free papers and posters at national and international platforms. He has to his credit one of the highest number of international pubmed indexed scientific publications ((Retina (USA), Archives of Ophthalmology (USA), Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology (Australia & NZ), European Journal Of Ophthalmology (Europe) & Indian Journal of Ophthalmology (India) as a primary author in retina in Mumbai.
He is a Full time Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon at Ojas Laser Eye Surgery Center
- Gold Medal for standing 1st in India in Ophthalmology, DNB, Delhi
- Gold Medal for standing 1st in Mumbai in Ophthalmology, FCPS, Mumbai
- Gold Medal for standing 1st in Mumbai in Ophthalmology, DOMS, Mumbai
- Ranked 1st in MBBS, Mumbai University
- Gold Medal in General Surgery, MBBS, Mumbai
- Ranked 1st in the Biology Stream and 2nd in the Maths Stream, HSC, Mumbai
- Ranked 1st in India, Std X ICSE, Mumbai